The Perl & Raku Conference in North America, 2020 will be held Tuesday, June 23rd through Saturday, June 27th at The Hilton Houston North
The main event will run from Wednesday, June 24th through Friday, June 26th.
Master Classes, tutorials, and other activities will be held on the 23rd and 27th. Class Descriptions will be coming soon.
We highly encourage you to attend all days, but especially look forward to seeing you at the Main Event!
Early ticket sales run from December 29th through April 30th: $275 per ticket.
Normal ticket price from May 1st through the end of the conference: $399 per ticket.
If you purchase an event ticket now and are later selected to be a speaker, your ticket may be refunded at your request.
Sponsors receive one free ticket for every $1,000 donated to The Perl Foundation.
Student and military discounts are available.
We can’t wait to see you at TPCiH! But, we also understand that sometimes last-minute issues will come up and prevent you from attending. If you discover that you will be unable to attend, we appreciate you letting us know as soon as possible.
When you purchase your ticket, there are a lot of non-refundable things that we need to buy in order to prepare for your arrival, such as food. Many of these need to be ordered several weeks prior to the event.
Cancellations that occur 30 days prior to the start of the first event at TPC will be eligible for a full refund via the Eventbrite website. Cancellations that occur between 15 and 29 days prior to the first event at TPC will be eligible for a full refund as well, but only by emailing email@example.com
Cancellations that occur between 6 and 14 days prior to the first event at TPC will receive a 50% refund by emailing. Cancellations that occur 5 days or less prior to the first event at TPC will not be eligible for a refund.
Student / Military scholarships
Discounted admission: $50
The Perl Foundation is pleased to offer TPCiH scholarships to the following categories of individuals:
- Anybody enrolled as a full-time student in high school or a degree granting academic institution.
- Any active duty or retired military personnel
- Immediate family of active duty or retired military personnel.
In all of the above cases, applicant must be able to provide a valid current ID card from the appropriate institution. In cases where the ID card does not contain an expiration date, current will be considered any card issued no more than two years prior to the date of application.
In order to apply, please scan your identification card and email it along with a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your card includes a social security number or other private identification numbers, please blank that portion out. We only want to know that the ID is current and issued to you. You may be asked to produce the identification card again at check-in.
Requests will be considered on a first-come, first-serve basis. A maximum of 50 scholarships will be granted. Successful applicants will receive a coupon code that may be used to purchase an event pass for the reduced cost of $50.
Space is limited at TPC and tickets will be sold until all available seats have been taken. A successful scholarship application does not guarantee the awardee a spot at the event.
All scholarship awardees must agree to comply with the TPC Standards of Conduct policy.
Speakers providing a talk at least 20 minutes in length will receive a promo code redeemable for one pass to TPCiH main event. Promo code is non-transferable to any other individual. Promo rate is contingent upon speaker providing the agreed upon talk. Otherwise, speaker will be invoiced for the cost of regular attendance. Standard cancellation rules apply.
Individuals willing to commit to assisting withTPCiH may receive a promo code redeemable for one pass to the TPCiH main event. Promo code is intended to be used by the volunteer and is non-transferable. Volunteers must commit to providing a minimum of 16 hours of volunteer service during the event. Individuals wishing to apply for a volunteer position should contact email@example.com Volunteers that do not fulfill their scheduled volunteer commitments will be invoiced for the cost of regular attendance. Standard cancellation rules apply.
Sponsors of The Perl Foundation are entitled to a certain number of free passes to TPC , depending on their sponsorship package. Sponsoring organizations must be in good standing with their sponsor payments to The Perl Foundation. Sponsor passes may only be used by employees or immediate family of employees of the sponsoring organization. Sponsor passes are not transferable. Each sponsoring organization will receive one promo code that may be used to register all of their staff. Sponsoring organizations will be invoiced at the standard pass rate for any registrations made with their promo code in excess of their allotment.
Each sponsoring organization will also receive a certain number of invitations to the sponsor dinner. Not all sponsor pass holders will be able to attend the sponsor dinner.
Individuals that are only participating in the sponsor expo may receive a complimentary exhibitor pass. Exhibitor passes are not authorized to attend talks or other events at TPC (unless your organization is directly sponsoring that event.)
Accepted press applicants will receive:
- A complimentary pass to attend the event.
- Access to request interviews with key figures within the Perl Foundation organization and Perl community. Due to time restraints, we cannot guarantee direct interviews. However, the sooner we have your request, the sooner we can pass it along.
- Access to the conference’s hotel room rates, provided that rooms reservations are made by the published deadlines.
Accepted press applicants are expected to:
- At least one month in advance of the conference’s start date, or as soon as your are accepted, provide relevant media coverage of your intent to attend the event. This should include conference dates, location, website, and an aspect of the conference you plan on covering.
- Abide by The Perl Foundation’s Standards of Conduct throughout the entirety of the event. You will need to have a signed copy on file with the conference staff.
- At the conclusion of the event, share highlights of the event via a relevant media channel. If announced at the conclusion of the event, please include relevant information for the following year’s conference.
Failure to provide meaningful media coverage of the event or violating The Perl Foundation’s Standards of Conduct may result in dismissal from the conference, an invoice to recover the event’s standard registration costs, and revocation of press privileges for future Perl Foundation events. In order to prevent abuse of these benefits we reserve the right to review each applicant to ensure the media coverage and audience is appropriate for the benefit of the Perl community. If you wish to apply for a press pass, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Staff Pass
Key staff will meet the following criteria:
- Must volunteer a minimum of 8 hours per day at TPC .
- The volunteer’s role is vital to TPC . The job could not be broken down such that multiple people could fulfill pieces of it. The absence of that particular assigned person would hurt the conference.
- The volunteer should have had significant time invested in pre-conference activities. Examples include but not limited to: attending planning meetings, communicating with the community, or making arrangements that are vital to the event.
Key staff will be provided with a pass to TPC , a hotel room for the duration of their role in the event, and reasonable travel expenses. Determinations on qualification for Key Staff will be made by The Perl Foundation.
Please contact email@example.com for more information regarding event pricing.
Space is limited for add-on classes. Advanced registration is required and extra fees will apply.