The Perl Conference is a high-quality, inexpensive, technical Conference that celebrates the Perl programming language. The beauty of The Perl Conference is that it remains accessible to everyone regardless of experience, yet it is still valuable to the most skilled programmers.
Each year the conference attracts hundreds of programmers from around the world, including luminaries such as Larry Wall, Ricardo Signes, and Damian Conway. We hope you will consider applying to present at this exciting event!
TPC 2018 in SLC will once again be held at the Little America Hotel from June 17-22.
We expect to have approximately one hundred (100) sessions across four (4) tracks with over four hundred (400) attendees. In addition, there will be professional tutorials and hackathons in the days prior to (June 17), and following (June 21-22), the main conference (June 18-20).
We are interested in hearing talks on a wide variety of subjects. This includes Perl 5, Perl 6, database integration, drones, puppies, and any other topics that may be of general interest to Perl programmers. Please review the talk schedules from previous years to help with additional ideas.
We will be accepting proposals for the following session types:
- Short Talks (20 minutes)
- Standard Talks (50 minutes)
- Tutorial Session (80 or 110 minutes)
To submit proposals for a talk/presentation, please fill out this form. We will take submissions through Sunday March 18th, 2018.
We encourage you to submit your talk as early as possible. We will be choosing speakers in an ongoing process, with the final submissions to be accepted no later than March 18th, 2018.
- Round 1:
- Submissions accepted January 1st – January 28th
- Speakers notified of acceptance/declination and feedback provided by 2/7/18
- Round 2: (If additional submissions needed)
- Submissions accepted January 29th – February 25th
- Speakers notified of acceptance/declination and feedback provided by 3/7/18
- Round 3: (If additional submissions needed)
- Submissions accepted February 26th – March 18th
- Speakers notified of acceptance/declination by 3/28/18
- Final Speaker Lineup Announcement: April 1st, 2018
Please include the following with your proposals:
- A little information about yourself
- The expected minimum level of knowledge of your target audience
- Beginner (2 years or less experience)
- Intermediate (3 to 5 years experience)
- Advanced (5+ years experience)
- An indication of the length of the presentation.
- Details of any requirements you might have for doing your presentation.
- We will try to accommodate your reasonable request.
- Projectors and internet connection will be available for all talks.
We will be recording presentations. If you do not want your presentation recorded you must let us know in advance.
If your proposal is accepted you will be expected to confirm within 48 hours of your notification that you, in fact, will give the talk. If you do not confirm in the given time frame we may, at our discretion, assign your slot to another proposal.
We cannot offer much for your (non-lightning) talk, except…
- Free admittance!
- A chance to meet a lot of smart, fun Perl people!
- The great love that being a speaker receives from said smart, fun Perl people!
Due to their impromptu nature, the call for Lightning Talks will open at a later time.
Thank you! We hope you will participate either as a speaker or as an attendee. If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Perl Conference (formerly Yet Another Perl Conferences, or YAPCs) are grassroots symposia on the Perl programming language promoted by The Perl Foundation, a non-profit corporation dedicated to the advancement of the Perl programming language through open discussion, collaboration, design, and code. We also support other collaborative events such as Perl workshops and hackathons.
The Perl Foundation (TPF) is dedicated to the advancement of the Perl programming language through open discussion, collaboration, design, and code. The Perl Foundation is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization based in Holland, Michigan.